• On June 28, someone broke into a home on Lynch Road, Selma, and stole more than $3,850 in property, including an iPhone, a television and miscellaneous jewelry.
• Timothy Bryan Atwood, 39, of 101 Royalty Court, Garner, was arrested June 28 and charged with obtaining property by false pretense.
• Brandon Shawn Brown, 39, of 501 E. Branch St., Benson, was arrested June 28 and charged identity theft and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
• James Michael Garrett, 32, of 5307-B Marion Ave., Chattanooga, Tenn., was arrested June 28 and charged with being a fugitive from another state and possession of a stolen motor vehicle.
• Richard Edwards Young, 31, of 426 Heath Road, Four Oaks, was arrested July 1 and charged with misdemeanor larceny and obtaining property by false pretense.
• On July 2, someone broke into a construction company near Interstate 40, Benson, and stole more than $6,000 in property, including two weed trimmers, copper wire and a mobile ministorage box.
• Harold Devon Scarboro, 22, of 2251 Charles Drive, Raleigh, was arrested July 2 and charged with possession of cocaine with intent to sell or deliver and maintaining a vehicle or dwelling place for drug use.
• Cameron Michael Wiggins, 32, of 730 Wiggins Road, Angier, was arrested July 3 and charged with financial card fraud.
• On July 3, someone broke into a home on Denning Road, Benson, and stole more than $6,000 in tools, including nail guns, miter saws and hammer drills.
• On July 1, police investigated a possible rape of a 27-year-old woman in an office building on Noble Street. The case has been closed, according to reports, because the woman refused to cooperate.
• Anthony Glenn Johnson, 35, of 58 Dail St., Smithfield, was arrested July 2 and charged with possession of cocaine, maintaining a vehicle for a controlled substance and altering, destroying or stealing criminal evidence.
• On July 2, someone stole a 30-pound tank of Freon – worth about $550 – from a van belonging to Starling Heating & AC company. The van was parked on South Third Street.
• Quintin Jermaine McCullers, 32, of 408 W. Railroad St., Selma, was arrested July 2 and charged with violating probation.
• Tykee Demar Storey, 22, of 107 Forest Island Drive, Smithfield, was arrested July 2 and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, carrying a concealed gun and simple possession of a Schedule II controlled substance.
• Montreal Darb’y Parks, 24, of 411 W. Fourth St., Kenly, was arrested July 5 and charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, injuring personal property and larceny.