A yard sale is scheduled from 7 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, at St. Mark AME Church, 409 Bridge St., Smithfield. The sale will offer books, clothing, jewelry and items for the home.
Plates of barbecued chicken will be on sale from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, at Baker’s Chapel Church, 2421 Baker’s Chapel Road, Smithfield. The cost is $7 per plate, with takeout available.
A spaghetti supper is scheduled from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16, at Smithfield Advent Christian Church, 2777 N.C. 210, Smithfield. A gospel music concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. The cost is $6 per plate.
The Royal Descendants will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 10, at Sardis Baptist Church, 5444 Brodgen Road, Smithfield. For more information, call Ray Brock at 919-934-8518.
The Butler, Hughes and Hayes Quartet will perform at 6 p.m. Sunday, July 28, at Piney Grove Chapel Baptist Church, 4440 Piney Grove Road, Angier. For more information, visit www.pineygrovechapel.org.
The Dixie Travelers will sing at 6 p.m. Sunday, July 28, at Burnell Baptist Church, 3720 Old School Road, Four Oaks. For more information, call the Rev. Jessie Brock at 919-894-1418.
A Living Proof simulcast with evangelist, author and Bible teacher Beth Moore is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, at Princeton Church of God, 6085 U.S. 70 East, Princeton. Travis Cotrell will lead worship. The cost is $20 per person and includes lunch and conference materials. To register, call the church office at 919-965-6675 or email email@example.com.
Joy Connection, a program for adults 55 and older, will hold its next lunch and program at noon Thursday, Aug. 1, at First Presbyterian Church, 215 S. Third St., Smithfield. The event will offer a salad potluck and a program by Jewel Ryals, a certified antiques appraiser for Bostic & Wilson in Fuquay-Varina. For more information, call 919-934-0988.
The Women’s Fellowship Ministry of First Missionary Baptist Church in Smithfield will hold its second annual Women’s Retreat Sept. 19-21 at the Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort and Conference Center in Myrtle Beach. The registration fee is $40, and transportation by bus is $95. For more information, call Marjorie Allen at 919-934-3718 or Pansy Crumpler at 919-934-7007.
Vacation Bible schools
• Vacation Bible school is scheduled from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. July 28-Aug. 1 at Providence Presbyterian Church, 14664 N.C. 210 near McGee’s Crossroads. The church will also offer an adult Bible study. For more information or to register, visit www.providencepresb.org.
• VBS is scheduled from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 5-9 at Pisgah Baptist Church, 3689 N.C. 210, Smithfield. Supper will be served at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Aug.9, before commencement exercises. For more information, call 919-934-8048.
• VBS for all ages is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, at Pleasant Plain Free Will Baptist Church, 1991 Old Beulah Road, Selma. The church will serve snacks and lunch.
• VBS is scheduled from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Aug. 5-9 at Wilson’s Mills Baptist Church, 652 Swift Creek Road. Classes are available for preschoolers, youths and adults. The church will provide a nursery. To register, which is required, visit 2013.cokesburyvbs.com/wilsonsmillsbaptist.
• VBS is scheduled from 6:30 to 8:45 p.m. July 28-Aug. 2 at Hephzibah Baptist Church, 4633 U.S. 70 E., Princeton. VBS will feature Bible study, crafts, games, music and snacks. Family Fun Night will be Friday, Aug. 2. For more information, call 919-965-5886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• VBS is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, at Smithfield Advent Christian Church, 2777 N.C. 210, Smithfield. The church will serve snacks and lunch. Bring a towel. For more information, call 919-934-9955.
Send faith notes to email@example.com.